The 7th annual MIT Polymer Day will be on Thursday, April 13, 2017 in Morss Hall (142 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, MA 02139).
Detailed schedule information can be found here.
Polymer Day starts with a poster session judged by local industry professionals over a light lunch. Following the poster session, attendees listen to talks by invited speakers before celebrating the culmination of the day with a reception and awards ceremony. Polymer Day is open to the entire MIT community, as well as to students from polymer research programs throughout Massachusetts.
Prizes are given for the best posters. This year's prizes are:
1 Grand Prize – GoPro HERO5 Black Starter Bundle
2 Runners Up – Kindle Voyage Essentials Bundle
4 Honorable Mentions – Echo Dot (2nd generation)
New this year is an alumni panel focusing on entrepreneurship and atypical professions after earning a PhD from a program like MIT's Program in Polymers and Soft Matter (PPSM). We are honored to have the following PPSM alumni share their journeys!
- Dr. Jeri'Ann Hiller, Senior Manager of Biocompatibility, Corporate Preclinical Sciences at Boston Scientific
- Dr. Orhun Muratoglu, Director of the Harris Orthopaedics Laboratory at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Prof. Shashi Murthy, Founding Director of the Sherman Center for Engineering Entrepreneurship Education and Professor of Chemical Engineering at Northeastern University
- Dr. Charlotte Stewart-Sloan, Technology Specialist in Chemical & Materials Technologies at Wolf Greenfield
- Dr. Monica Swinney, Chief Engineer of Drug Delivery & Devices R&D Innovation at Eli Lilly & Co.