Polymer Day festivities will be Thursday, April 13, 2017, 10:30am-6:30pm. Posters and lunch will be in Morss Hall (50-140).
- 10:30am-11:00am: Poster Setup
- 11:00am-11:45am: Poster Session Part 1
- 11:45am-12:45pm: Lunch, Judges' Deliberation Part 1
- 12:45pm-2:00pm: Poster Session Part 2
- 2:00pm-2:45pm: Poster Removal, Judges' Deliberation Part 2
- 2:45pm-4:55pm: Talks & Panel @ 54-100
- 2:45pm-3:10pm: Lionel C.H. Moh
- 3:10pm-3:35pm: David A. Nicholson
- 3:35pm-4:00pm: Reginald Avery
- 4:00pm-4:10pm: Break
- 4:10pm-4:55pm: Alumni Panel
- 5:00pm-6:30pm: Awards Reception @ 66-201
Posters need to be up for viewing 11:00am-2:00pm. Poster presenters are required to be at their posters for Poster Session Part 1. Only presenters nominated by the judges will have to be at their posters for Poster Session Part 2. Nominated presenters will be notified shortly before the second session.
New this year is an alumni panel focusing on entrepreneurship and atypical professions after earning a PhD from a program like MIT's Program in Polymers and Soft Matter (PPSM). We are honored to have the following PPSM alumni share their journeys!
- Dr. Jeri'Ann Hiller, Senior Manager of Biocompatibility, Corporate Preclinical Sciences at Boston Scientific
- Dr. Orhun Muratoglu, Director of the Harris Orthopaedics Laboratory at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Prof. Shashi Murthy, Founding Director of the Sherman Center for Engineering Entrepreneurship Education and Professor of Chemical Engineering at Northeastern University
- Dr. Charlotte Stewart-Sloan, Technology Specialist in Chemical & Materials Technologies at Wolf Greenfield
- Dr. Monica Swinney, Chief Engineer of Drug Delivery & Devices R&D Innovation at Eli Lilly & Co.
Schedule is subject to change.